In pursuit of our Vision, Tobacco Plains will work cooperatively and collaboratively within the Nation and with others to:
- Secure appropriate human and monetary resources to respond to the present needs of our members through ongoing lobbying, advocacy and negotiation.
- Harness the skills and abilities of our members while recognizing and celebrating that our people are our greatest resource.
- Integrate and align our work to facilitate the development and implementation of culturally relevant programs and services, including the creation of economic development opportunities.
- Network internally and externally, to advance the central role that our children and Elders play in our families and community.
- Engage and inform the community through respectful, ongoing and timely communication.
- We will live in balance by advancing the following Core Values based on ?Aknumuctilil, our Natural Law:
- We will conduct ourselves with respect for each other, the land and all that the land contains.
- We will protect and nurture our children recognizing their importance in all that we do.
- We will care for and respect our Elders, who remain the knowledge keepers for our community.
- We will promote honest and ethical behavior, by doing the right things for the right reasons.
- We each will take personal responsibility for our conduct and our obligations.
- We promote the inclusion of people, ideas, and perspectives in pursuit of a safe and healthy community.
- Steward the land by preserving and protecting our Traditional Territory.
The Tobacco Plains Indian Band is a self-governing community, with the responsibility to steward our traditional lands, and preserve our language and culture. We are dedicated to improving the health, safety, and well-being of our members in all that we say and do.